May 26, 2005
Okay, I want to protest by not doing this at all, since this is the second meme this week that my good friend Eric has tagged me with. So Eric, although I am going to do this, you’ve got at least 3 weeks before I’ll respond to another one.
1. Total Number of Books I’ve Owned – That’s tough to say. I’d think I’m somewhere between 300 and 400 lifetime. I’d say that’s not too bad for a 26-year old. I’m actually really looking forward to the near future, because now that I have a house, I have room for a bookshelf, and the big box of books that has been moving from garage to garage for the last 3 years can finally be free!
2. Last Book I Bought – I bought Digital Fortress by Dan Brown and the full collection of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
3. Last Book I Read – Well, last one I finished was Digital Fortress, and I’m making my way through all the books of Hitchhiker’s Guide now. The next planned books are the few that Eric has recommended, Ideological Origins of the American Revolution and The Radicalism of the American Revolution. I also got Ann Coulter’s latest for Christmas, and haven’t gotten around to reading that yet.
4. Five Books That Mean A lot to Me – Hmm. Well, of course Atlas Shrugged (duh). Beyond that, it’s tough to say, because the novels I like to read and the “books that mean a lot to me” are two different things. But I’d have to also say JRR Tolkien, as those were books that I loved when I was a teen, along with Asimov’s Foundation series. For Heinlein, I was mightily impressed with Starship Troopers, actually, as I had never before seen the “duty” side of libertarianism related like that, although I always kind of knew it to be true. And of course, I have to give due consideration to Sklansky & Malmuth’s “Texas Hold’em for Advanced Players”. Great book.
5. Tag five people and have them do this on their blog. – Nope. Not going to do it. Had I been tagged by someone new, I might have complied.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.