June 2, 2005

New byline

I was watching a thing on health and anti-aging drugs, talking about the nastiness of free radicals. And then it dawned on me, “The Free Radicals” would be an awesome name for a libertarian group blog.

Not being willing to re-host and get a new URL, though, I had a second epiphany. Everyone has wondered how “The Unrepentant Individual” could be a group blog. Well, hello new byline! Sure, it’s no “and the E Street Band”, but it’ll have to do.

The Unrepentant Individual linked with Yes, Virginia, I really AM a radical
Posted By: Brad Warbiany @ 10:39 pm || Permalink || Comments (11) || Trackback URL || Categories: Uncategorized

1. I like it!

Comment by Stephen Littau — June 2, 2005 @ 10:58 pm
  2. Good call on the new byline.

Ya know, the funny thing is I’ve got one of the best names for a group blog, since no matter how big it gets, it stays within its mandate.

Comment by Quincy — June 3, 2005 @ 12:03 am
  3. Now Brad, Do you want to be considered a Radical? I thought that was reserved for the liberals.

Comment by Lucy Stern — June 3, 2005 @ 1:32 am
  4. Brad -

Lucy’s got a point there. What about “The Unrepentent Individual…and his Recycled Electron Gang”?

Comment by Quincy — June 3, 2005 @ 3:50 am
  5. Or, as a play on the old one (while showing slight signs of multiple personality disorder): “The Unrepentent Individual…the only me we know.”

Comment by Quincy — June 3, 2005 @ 3:51 am
  6. How about, Brad’s formerly Unrepentant Individuals…

That ought to be worth a free bottle of Geritol

Comment by TF Stern — June 3, 2005 @ 8:55 am
  7. As Eric the Grumbler is quick to say, the “liberals” these days are pretty conservative. They believe that the government works, and that we should keep it and possibly even expand it.

I want to see some pretty major changes, which I would consider to make me a “radical”. Whether I should be painting JimmyJ and Wilson with that brush, I’m not sure, but I don’t shy away from the title myself.

Comment by Brad Warbiany — June 3, 2005 @ 9:08 am
  8. I like it actually. Recycled Electron Gang I’m not so hip on, unless the recycling is voluntary based on the receipt of market price for the recylced goods. Then, I’m fine with it.

Comment by KJ — June 3, 2005 @ 10:58 am
  9. Actually, the recycling of electrons is good economics since creating new electrons far more expensive. (Note: This principle does not apply to things like recycling bad ideas, since new ones are in abundant supply.)

Comment by Quincy — June 4, 2005 @ 6:08 pm
  10. “The Free Radical” is the name of a libertarian website and radio program going for almost a decade now, I believe. Find it here: http://freeradical.co.nz/

Comment by Rick Gaber — June 6, 2005 @ 2:35 pm
  11. [...] for government I think this might be “cruel and unusual” The Honeymoon Box New byline Annoyance is no basis for legislation Time to unleash a [...]